Core wash drying belt conveyor oven
Core Wash Drying Ovens work with minimum heat absorption. The purpose of the Core Wash Drying Oven is to dry core wash coating applied to sand cores. The process will eliminate the space and time required for the ambient air drying of sand cores. Proper air circulation and exhaust sizing accelerates drying time and allows the cores to dry with minimum absorption of heat into the sand core.
Sand Cores come in all shapes and sizes that commonly require a specific impingement air pattern.
heat setting, heat shrinking, heat-treating, pre-heating, stress-relieving, testing, and many more.
Each Industrial Oven project undergoes a comprehensive evaluation of every production requirement. The assessment includes areas such as production goals, part configuration and construction, part mass, temperature profile, and facility location or elevation.
Advantages of Core Wash Drying Belt Conveyor Oven:
The Foundry Industry relies on GBM Industries as the “preferred” company when it comes to Core Drying Ovens. GBM Core Dry ovens are used to dry water -based coatings or “wash” that is applied to sand cores. GBM will develop and perform tests for each core drying application for proper moisture removal at the minimum time and temperature. We don’t rely on gimmicks and marketing ploys when it comes to designing our ovens. Proper air flow is the key to moisture removal and is proven in our Process Development Center at the time of quoting each project. GBM offers convention and custom designed drying systems for unique shaped cores. Bring your cores to GBM and let us prove the results to you!
Standard design features include:
- Variable speed flat-wire belts. These provide the ability to convey heavy loads while allowing air flow through the belt.
- The open design also allows coatings to be removed in an optional wash cleaning stage.
- Belting is allowed to pass through a water rinse station utilizing agitation brushes which remove excess core wash left on the belt once the dried cores are removed.
- Heated by a natural gas burner or electric heat
- Mild Steel base structure with heavy gauge HR/CR insulated walls
- Industrial rated and factory supported controls
- Energy efficient insulation
- Safety equipment designed to meet your facility requirements
Common features available:
- PLC/HMI systems
- Process timers
- SCADA/paperless chart recordings
- Ethernet communications
- Installation, installation supervision, start up and operator training